Japan/Philippines Province Response to COVID-19
From the Japan/ Philippines Unit on their response to the current COVID-19 situation in their communities:
“Our current response is minimal but meaningful. The province was in the middle of preparations and duration of the chapter when our government declared lockdown. Our priority is to adhere to the social distancing and promote solidarity.”
Some of the highlights of the response are as follows:
- All the RGS-run schools are closed until further notice but online education platforms will be utilized to continue the learning and academic requirements.
- Most of our staff are on a work from home scheme until lockdown is lifted in their specific regions.
- Postponement of all activities such as trainings, workshops, etc.
- Shelters follow strict social distancing protocols.
- We sent meals and many of our delicacy products to public hospitals as solidarity to frontliners and to the sick. Some of those institutions are the Baguio City Police, National Kidney and Transplant Institute, Philippine Children's Medical Center, Qurino Memorial Medical Center, and Amang Rodriguez Medical Center. I took the liberty to attach some photos provided by Sr. Ailyn.
Submitted by Editor20 on 04/06/2020 - 22:17.