|The International Community|
|Bon Pasteur Hostellerie|
|Places of interest|
|Tunnel and St Nicolas Abbey|
The chapel at the further end or exterior chapel is the oldest one. It was built in Mary Euphrasia’s time in 1832. It was then refurbished in 1857 in the roman style and painted. Marks of paint can still be seen.
The Sisters’ choir was transformed in 1945 and then reconstructed between 1958 and 1960. The stalls, established during this reconstruction, recall the ones that used to exist in all monasteries. The stained glass window is the work of Mr Jean Coquet, director of the Fine Arts in Lyon. Made in 1969, it represents the theme of the Redemption, Christ’s love giving his life to save the men.
St Mary Euphrasia’s reliquary was made after her canonization in 1940. It is a life-size wax representation of her, and she wears her habit and blue bobble which are characteristics of the Good Shepherd congregation. Inside are some of her relics.