NGO Highlights 19981998 some highlights
- Celebrates the 50th anniversary of the UNDHR, Universal Declaration of Human Rights
The NGO office
- Gives presentation to the North America National Service Providers Rosemont, Columbus Ohio
- Makes a visit to GS in Chiapas Mexico
- Participates in our 1st NGO publication, Clearing a Path for Girls in preparation for Beijing plus Five (B+5), Five-year review of the Beijing women conference. The report was a project of the Working Group on Girls of the NGO Committee on UNCEF
- Has first articles on women published in media, Pax Christi national newsletter and Maryknoll magazine
- Makes its first verbal intervention at CEDAW, re the human rights of women in Mexico
- Encourages regional actions through the activity of Lalini in Brussels and Winifred in Ethiopia, who had been appointed regional reps through Barbara Davis.
- Submitted a report on Violence Against Women, to the UN Special Rapporteur on Violence Against Women, prepared by the Good Shepherd Social Justice network, Australia: Assessing Government compliance towards elimination of Domestic Violence
- Participates in the review of GS Global Analysis from 1997 General Chapter/Assembly, Rome, Italy.
Beginning to Raise our Voice!
Networking and speaking
|Learning about the Convention to Eliminate All Forms of Discrimination Against Women|
|Archbishop Ruiz and GS people in Chiapas, Mexico|