The practical help that the MDO can offer
The practical help that the MDO can offer:
- Assist the local missions' staff in writing and submitting project proposals that address specific needs of the communities, review project proposals submitted by applicants, identify sources of funding for the submitted projects.
- Apply for grants to international funding agencies on behalf of the Units, if necessary.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with international funding agencies.
- Write projects regarding areas of particular need where the Units have no staff or skills to draft and submit proposals themselves.
- Supervise the project development and provide specific support upon request.
- Ensure accountability and transparency in the management of funding.
- Develop the skills of people in grant making procedures.
- Set up and update a dedicated website to publicize the projects carried out by the missions worldwide, using the information and the documents provided by the Sisters from the missions.
- Organise fundraising initiatives in collaboration with the Provinces in Europe and North America, with Justice and Peace, Handcrafting Justice and Economic Justice Ministry International.